Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Most Insane Man in Washington


Gilbert Arenas is a never-ending barrage of WTFs. Whether he’s jovially toting loaded guns around a Washington locker room or faking injuries to get his buddies more playing time, Arenas and his issues are difficult to define. The man operates in the sometimes brilliant but usually blundering grey zone between prankster and the chemically imbalanced.

And as all of us head to the polls for this critical midterm election today while Gilbert is on his way out of Washington, it’s a fitting time to rehash what weird stream of piss Arenas was spouting in the run up to Barrack Obama’s election in 2008.

"It’s hard for me to vote, because since I’ve been in the NBA I’ve been in the upper class so I’ve been a Republican. If you have any type of money, you’re a Republican, period. So, it’s hard because you see a better looking president in Obama – I don’t even want to say because he’s black, but he just looks the part – and then you have McCain who is Republican and I’m like, man. I know Obama is going to raise taxes on the upper class from 20-60 percent, that’s what I’m looking at."

He also added the following:

"There’s another reason I don’t vote – I don’t want jury duty. If you’re not registered to vote, you can’t get jury duty. I know that campaign Diddy had a couple years ago, “Vote or Die,” yeah if the alternative is jury duty, I’m going to die. I’m not going to get in one of these cases where they blow the jury members’ houses up to get out of the trial, I’m cool. I’ve seen too many movies."

That’s great Arenas. Just what your fans in DC’s poorer neighbourhoods love to hear.

Forget Gilbert. Go vote. 

 President Obama takes it to the North Carolina Tarheels



No comments:

Post a Comment